Alejandra R. Mendoza
Alejandra R. Mendoza is an Associate at RMZ and concentrates her practice in litigation. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Judge Matthew Destry at the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Broward County and served in the Homeless Division of Legal Aid Service of Broward County.
Ms. Mendoza served as staff member of the Florida International University Law Review and was later elected to serve as the Articles Editor of the Law Review prior to graduating cum laude from Florida International University College of Law, where she earned her J.D. Ms. Mendoza also holds degrees in Liberal Studies and Business graduating magna cum laude from Florida International University.
While in law school, Ms. Mendoza won the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Torts and Family Law for attaining the highest grade in her class. She also received recognition of Dean’s List Honors for maintaining higher than a 3.00 GPA every semester in law school. She was a member of the Women’s Law Society, where she organized and led canned good drives and fundraising activities for homeless shelters in the Fort Lauderdale area and was also a member of the Catholic Legal Society and the Hispanic Law Student Association. Ms. Mendoza is also an active member of the Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, and a member in good standing of the Florida Bar.
Originally from Caracas, Venezuela, Ms. Mendoza is fluent in Spanish. This language skill has enhanced her ability to communicate with clients and ensure the appropriate resolution of cases.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida International University Law Review, Member, 2013.
- Florida International University Law Review, Articles Editor, 2014.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Torts, 2013.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Family Law, 2015.
- Dean’s List Honors, 2013-2016.
- Women’s Law Society, Member.
- Catholic Legal Society, Member.
- Hispanic Law Student Association, Member.
- Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Member.
- Florida International University,
magna cum laude,
Liberal Studies and Business, B.A.
- Florida International University College of Law,
- The Florida Bar