Rogers, Morris & Ziegler LLP, 1401 East Broward Boulevard
Dwight L. Rogers, Sr. and John E. Morris, Sr. both graduated from Mercer University in 1910 with law degrees and opened separate law practices in Georgia. In December 1925, by chance, they ran into each other in front of the Hotel Broward. Both had been drawn to Fort Lauderdale by the land boom and decided almost immediately to form a partnership. They flipped a coin to see whose name would come first in the firm name. The two lawyers opened their law office in the Wheeler Building on Wall Street.
After World War II, sons Dwight L. Rogers, Jr. and John E. Morris, Jr., joined the firm. Following the deaths of the senior Rogers and Morris in 1954 and 1955, respectively, Robert E. Ziegler became a partner in the firm. The practice became a third generation business when Dwight L. Rogers, Jr.’s son, Romney Rogers, joined the firm in 1978, and a fourth generation when Romney’s son, Romney (Cam) Rogers Jr. joined the firm in 2012.
As the oldest law firm in Broward County, Rogers Morris & Ziegler is deeply rooted in the community and has a tradition of protecting the best interests of the individuals, businesses and public entities that it represents.